I want to document but I need to learn first!

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Tue Mar 11 15:48:02 UTC 2003

"Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene" <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> replied...
>And when we have a truly Hypercard compatible system, I think our
>users base are ten times what is now.
>I beg you and others for give us this.

Another take on this that might interest you is my intention to
revive a Fabrik-like system in Squeak (see
http://users.ipa.net/~dwighth/smalltalk/Fabrik/Fabrik.html).  This is
another thing that did not work out while we were at Disney.  The
idea is just to make it really simple to do little "computational
sketches" in Squeak, whether with wires or with little
spreadsheet-like tables, and with probably some overlap with Morphic
Wrappers.  My metaphor for this is to turn any pen computer into the
proverbial "back of an envelope" for simple calculations.  It could
then be married to some of the very cool parts of eToys, or possibly
into a cool web scripting system.  For the latter I have in mind a
different marriage to, eg, screen-scraping and Flash components, but
this would require help from others.

At any rate, as soon as I have something that's at least fun to play
with, I'll put it out for others to play with.

Regards

	- Dan