[ANN] Celeste Removal and Installation Packages

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Tue Mar 11 22:49:43 UTC 2003

Cool. Thanks Brent!

You can send it to any of us Celeste people, we'll share.

To all Celeste/"mail-bug/changeset to list" users, please, at your
convinience, do test the packages, as coded by me and fixed up and
packaged by Brent.

Assuming we get positive feedback, this will be one of the first
packages moved out of the image in 3.5/3.6, as it maybe be, and actually
moved to distributed maintainance via SM.

It important for us to know especially that the post-removal,
pre-reinstall state works ok, since the Celeste installation package
will obviously be maintained later.

People interested in Celeste maintenance, reply off list, and we'll have
a short discussion about how we share this thing. If you're like me,
more than one of you has a patch or two waiting to be introduced, but
don't have time to take up maintainership at this time. If someone does
have the energy to do the integration, and then keep it nice and shiny,
at least for a short while, speak up. I say off-list because presumably
not everyone cares, the list is busy enough.

Daniel