Freeing Squeak (license-wise)

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 13 13:39:53 UTC 2003

Hi Alan,

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 14:07, Alan Kay wrote:
> Consider the potential opening the can of worms, waking the sleeping
> dog, raising the lid of Pandora's box (or paste your favorite
> metaphor here) .....

You've made that argument before, and the refutation is always the same
- basically, there are no dogs to awake: whatever happens, we'll have
the stuff at least under the Squeak-L. The worst thing that can happen
is that Apple and/or Disney slam the door on re-licensing. At least we
will know where we are then, can forget about getting back to these
discussions for the coming fivehundred years (I'm just extrapolating US
Congress' copyright extensions here ;-)), and continue with our daily
business.

Unless you know something we're unaware of, so far...

Regards,

Cees