Alan Kay in the Swedish radio

Henning von Rosen, bredband henning at ikso.net
Thu Mar 13 15:02:00 UTC 2003

I listened to a 25-minute interview with Alan Kay in the swedish public sevice radio channel "P1" yesterday. Nice popular science program. The invention of ovelapping windowing, decades before the appearance of the mac got the most attention. Smalltalk got about two sentences, and squeak was mentioned by a swedish professor, who was very impressed by a demo given by Kay last year, I think. (Sadly, I missed Kay's visit to Sweden last year!) Dynabook, Kays work with children/pedagogy was mentioned too. Even Bill Gates got commented on.

Regards,
Henning von Rosen