Freeing Squeak (license-wise)

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Thu Mar 13 16:42:34 UTC 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jimmie Houchin [mailto:jhouchin at texoma.net]
>
> <snip!>
>
> How can they hurt us from where we are?

They can say, "Thanks for bringing this to our attention.  Upon further
review we've concluded that there's a possibility that someone somewhere
might use Squeak to do something bad, so upon the advice of counsel we're
revoking the Squeak license in order to limit our liability.  Shut down your
servers and delete all Squeak-related files.  And have a nice day".

That's what they can do.

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company