Freeing Squeak (license-wise)

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Thu Mar 13 17:12:49 UTC 2003

I am not a lawyer and I understand very little about licenses.

However, assuming that I understood Andrew correctly, everyone who has
submitted code that is currently in Squeak has to acquiesce to a license
change, right?  I hate to bring it up, but some people who have submitted
code to enhance Squeak are no longer with us -- and I don't just mean they
don't code any more.  In 2001, we lost one of my favorite Squeak-list
participants, Mr. Jerry Archibald.  How can we modify the license without
everyone's agreement?

I'm sorry if I've dredged up some sad memories.  I miss Jerry too.  :-(

---==> Chris