meeting - Bytecode-to-bytecode adaptive optimization for Smalltalk

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Mar 13 18:54:05 UTC 2003

>     Thanks for the link. Tim and Dan were there. (any one else ?)
Craig, Steve Jasik, John-reed Maffeo (thanks for dinner!), Dave Simmons,
Dave Ungar, Dirk (surname not known), a number of stanford students
(surprise - this is a course after all) and a couple of other people I
don't know.

>     Let's hope they grabbed Eliot and squeezed out
>     some juice that can be sucked up to bring Squeak
>     VM forward to the future at a higher level.
Euw. Disgusting metaphor. I'm going to go and wash my hands....

It was an interesting talk and worth watching if you can handle the
stanford media stream. The yacking continued for a good while afterwards
and during dinner until about 9pm. Many jokes about US politics etc.

tim
Oxymorons: Alone together