meeting - Bytecode-to-bytecode adaptive optimization for Smalltalk

Jecel Assumpcao Jr jecel at merlintec.com
Thu Mar 13 22:08:58 UTC 2003

On Thursday 13 March 2003 15:54, Tim Rowledge wrote:
> It was an interesting talk and worth watching if you can handle the
> stanford media stream. The yacking continued for a good while
> afterwards and during dinner until about 9pm. Many jokes about US
> politics etc.

It was a great talk, worth even booting into Windows to watch it. Too
bad that the historical part (which I already knew) took so long that
he had to skip all the details on the actual project. But given a
general audience, I suppose it had to be this way.

Since I am working on (translation: I sometimes think about it during
breakfast) hardware bytecode-to-bytecode translation the actual details
would be really interesting.

-- Jecel