VM 3.4.1 on SuSe Linux 8.1

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Thu Mar 13 22:12:45 UTC 2003

Greetings all...

I have been trying to get Squeak running on this platform.. the RPM didn't
work (glib version 2_3 issue..), so I built it from scratch. After installing
various development libraries to get a clean compile, (which I did) I was
able to get the VM to run and bring the image up... some issues:

The window borders are black instead of the standard colors and some of fonts
are incorrect as well. Flaps won't come up at all and I use my wheel on my
mouse to scroll I get the emergency evaluator...

I'm running KDE 3.1 from the KDE.org site for SuSe 8.1... any ideas? I'll try
this under windowmaker and see if it's related to the windowmanager...

thanks!

Brian