[Q] Testing SPrevayler / Developing SPrevayler

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Fri Mar 14 21:59:05 UTC 2003

Hi Marco and Avi

> > I know what you mean, but if you have a look at the documentation of
> > ReferenceStream or of Sixx you can see that this support is built in.
You can
> > see it for example wiith Sixx if you fire out many small commands and
open
> > afterwards the last commandlog file. you can see that the seconds value
is
> > just written ones and then referenced by the following commands that
were
> > fired out in the same second.

Yes, I know.

> Well, just make sure that however you do your snapshot, includes the Sixx
> instance that is keeping that id table...

But this only workes within *one* RefStream/Sixx and not over multiple ones
(so there is no identity between the snapshot and log). Only within one
log-file there are no multiple writes. But still, this makes, that every
navigable object from an argument is logged (though only the first time). In
worst case, this has the consequence that you log the whole model or big
parts of it, which may be very slow and not the idea.

I'll send you my tests (not much yet) privately so you can see yourself.

Adrian