OmniBase

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Mar 14 22:55:10 UTC 2003

Ok, I put a
bleeding-edge-this-is-a-gun-so-dont-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot version
of OmniBase up for evaluation. This port still seems to suffer from the
Squeak file plugin - am I the first to complain about the fact that it
is using stdio? However, the test where this shows is a convoluted one
(with two concurrent connections from a single image), as long as you
stick to opening a database once from a single image, most things should
work fine.

I will keep a pointer to a snapshot and some comments on the status on
the OmniBase Swiki at http://swiki.cdegroot.com/omnibase/25

Comments welcome, here or directly on the Swiki.

Oh, and I discovered that Array>>replaceFrom:to:with:startingAt: does
not deal with overlaps well. VW does. Bug or feature?

Regards,

Cees

Oh, and the disclaimer is: don't use this for production, not even for
development. This is unreleased pre-alpha software, and I'll officially
deny it even exists. It will crash your image, your VM, and your coffee
machine. And then it will run off with your SO afterwards. Don't say I
didn't warn you...