[Q][Morphic] Is there a FlowLayout manager?

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 15 13:56:39 UTC 2003

Tim Olson <tim at io.com> wrote:
> Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> | Hi
> |
> | I'd like to use something like Java's FlowLayout manager to layout
> | submorphs of a Morph
>
> I'm not familiar with "FlowLayout", but from the name, is this perhaps
> what you want?  (Note the addition of the listDirection, wrapCentering,
> and wrapDirection messages):
>
> ----
 cont _ Morph new.
 cont width: 200.
 cont height: 150.
 cont layoutPolicy: TableLayout new;
 	                  listDirection: #leftToRight;
 	                  wrapCentering: #topLeft;
 	                  wrapDirection: #topToBottom.

 20 timesRepeat: [ m_ Morph new.
                      m height: 25.
                      m color: Color random.
                      m width: m width + 20 atRandom - 10.
                      cont addMorph: m
                    ].
 cont openInWorld.

(quotation signs '<' removed so that it can be directly evaluated in the
Celeste mail client)
> ----
>
> 	-- tim

Yes, exactly. Thank you!