WANTED: Volunteer to write tests for ZipArchive and FileDirectory

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Sat Mar 15 18:24:58 UTC 2003

Here's a great opportunity for someone wanting to contribute to
Squeak.

We've been plagued by a lack of tests for the zip archive and file
directory parts of Squeak (witness the fairly large number of change
sets that touch these areas). And they're important parts; the zip
archive support is used for Project storage and for SAR installation
and creation. The FileDirectory support is needed by many
applications.

But I'm busy right now and can't give this the time I'd like.

What we need is *platform independent* SUnit tests for:

* directory creation
* directory deletion
* directory enumeration
* directory existence testing

* zip creation
* zip storage
* adding files to zips
* adding strings to zips
* full zip extraction to both relative and absolute directory paths
* zip member extraction to explicitly named destinations
* zip member extraction involving directory creation

etc..

Would anyone like to step up and volunteer for this important task?

Ideally, you'd have access to several operating systems (like maybe
Unix, Win32, and Mac OS X) but even if you don't, the community can
help test the tests.

Who wants to be a hero?
--
Ned Konz