SqueakMap for 3.2 (was Re: graphs)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Sat Mar 15 21:23:54 UTC 2003

Hi Janet!

Janet Abdul-Karim <jn_karim at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am currently running 3.2, if i upgrade to 3.2.1 does that automatically include squeakmap

Well, no, SqueakMap is a package outside of the base image that you need
to install - but it is very easy to do, it is all explained here:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2726

In short, you load updates so that you get to 3.2.1 because there are a
few small changes that SqueakMap needs in 3.2.1, and then you install
SqueakMap by evaluating this:

ChangeSorter newChangesFromStream:
(('http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/packagebyname/squeakmap/downloadu
rl'
asUrl retrieveContents content) asUrl retrieveContents content unzipped
readStream) named: 'SqueakMap'.

That should do the trick. In 3.4 you simply just do "open->package
loader".

This will give you a nice little "Package Loader" tool with over 180
packages of which most can be installed by a single click in a menu.
There is a nice "tutorial" on how to use the package loader on the
Swiki, easy stuff - just select the package you want and choose
"install" in the menu.

regards, Göran