Parallel release streams - Debian and Squeak scheme

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Mar 17 22:02:13 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 20:56, Hannes Hirzel wrote:
> > It's not something I see happening in Squeak tomorrow ;-)
>
> Where do you see the problems? lack of know-how, tools, energy,
> too low number of participants?

Lack of infrastructure and lack of experience of exactly what's needed
to reproduce the Zen of Debian in our world. Nothing unsurmountable, and
if any group is going to pull it off, it's the Squeak community, but it
will not happen overnight. It will take time to build up the
infrastructure and experience.