[MCP] [Q] Color change notification

German Morales germanmorales at delta-sys.com
Tue Mar 18 16:04:53 UTC 2003

It seems that Bill Spight wrote:
> Dear German,
>
> Morph>>color: already makes note of the change:
> Why not make use of the existing mechanism?

Could be, I'm not sure.

Anyway it seems that the 17 implementors of color: have not realized of
the existance of that mechanism. See this:

(Smalltalk allImplementorsOf: #color:) do: [:each | (each actualClass
inheritsFrom: Morph) ifTrue: [ Transcript show: each actualClass; cr] ]

Let's see for example #extent:

extent: aPoint
         [snip]
	self layoutChanged.
	self changed

It seems to have the mixed idea of a descriptive, specific method with the
generic #changed.

BTW, the Morphs implementing #extent: are 62, so perhaps neither mechanism
has been clear enough, or we need more tutorials ;-)

German

PS: I'm having some problems with my e-mail today, I hope this goes as
expected and only once