Squeak at HP?

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Wed Mar 19 04:33:27 UTC 2003

Hi Craig --

The reaction has been quite friendly. HP supports about 7 OS's so
there is no central dogmatic SW religon -- and they are one of the
largest workers/supporters/vendors of Linux, so they like opensource
SW as one of their main priorities. The Linux people have been
especially supportive of HP now having a Squeak presence (you've seen
some postings from Jim Gettys who was a central player in X windows,
etc., about some of the very nice antialiased font rendering stuff
they've been doing).

HP has been doing a darn good job of absorbing the merger and all the
reorgs that were a part of it. They are having a pretty good year so
far. I think they would call their current processes "active and
lean".

Cheers,

Alan