Where does the Squeak VM start?

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Wed Mar 19 09:29:22 UTC 2003

"Robert M. Solovay" <solovay at Math.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> Suppose I fire up the squeak executable on the given squeak image [which
> in my case is Squeak3.4.image. I want to know what's the analog of main()
> in C. I presume there is some initial object and message such that the VM
> is started dealing with that object recieving that message. But what are
> they?
Not in Squeak. Starting Squeak just means resuming the work with the
image
which has been frozen when saving and quiting last time. There is the
possibility
to do things when the image is loaded though.

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2213
give you a start for finding your way through the code.

-- Hannes