Squeak in robotics

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Wed Mar 19 16:06:13 UTC 2003

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:46:21 +1000, Johannes Jansson <j.jansson at qut.edu.au>
wrote:

> And of course a port that's suposed to be used in embedded devices.

Johannes,

As Gary pointed out, I am doing some work with using Squeak as the brain
controller in my autonomous submarine MicroSeeker. On Monday I ordered a
Dell Axim PDA which runs the Pocket PC OS, and thus Squeak. You can find
lots of information on that project at: http://www.huv.com

I have also written a Smalltalk compiler that translates psuedo-Smalltalk
code into machine code that runs on 8-bit PIC micro-controllers. You can
find PIC/Smalltalk at: http://www.huv.com/uSeeker/smalltalk/pic.html

Later,
Jon