Why so few garage processors? (was Re: Squeak History / TinyMachines)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 19 19:17:28 UTC 2003

Gimme money.

There are several of us reasonably qualified to do something like this
but where is the money going to come from? It's a sizable project that
would involve a number of people that would need enough income to
survive the experience; sorry but I'm not in a position to subsidize any
of this.

Once it existed what could we do with it to recoup the costs?  Competing
against Intel/Motorola/whoever is not a game for fun - unless you can
pay for said fun.

tim
Useful random insult:- One pearl short of a necklace.