[ANN]Guides support SCG as Steward

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Mar 20 09:03:39 UTC 2003

Hi all!

Since many of you/us don't follow the SqF-list I just wanted to make
sure everybody knows this.

as Stewards for the kernel (heart of the image) I conducted a little
"Guide vote" on the SqF-list.

The reason for this was that I wanted that we *clearly* show SCG that
they have our support (or not) so that they know where we stand. They
are going to invest time in this and we - the community - should be
clear on our view.

The full voting exchange and remarks can of course be seen in the
SqF-list archive but the short result is:

	Question: Can we Guides agree to give SCG this Stewardship?

	Answer: 5 voted yes, 1 abstain (for non-native english speakers that is
a "dropped vote")

So, SCG (and they have already started their work ;-)) can now consider
themselves as Steward of the kernel. That also means we have our first
Steward in the community. Go SCG, go! :-)

regards, Göran Hultgren

PS. Their page (KCP) is at: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3083