SMP Squeak (was Re: Why so few garage processors?)

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Fri Mar 21 00:22:32 UTC 2003

om,

I have a limited but not existient exposure to computer organization, I
am interested in alternative processor designs, especially if they
provide some performance not possible with conventional sequential
register machines. Perhaps someone could post links ot their favorite
architectures?

In looking around for reconfigurable hardware, I found a product called
Tsunami by avvidasystems.com .. It is cool because it can take _ALOT_ of
memory and has a good solid ammount of bandwidth. (The highest I've seen
on such a board is 8gb/sec)

I asked for a quote and that board would set you back $7,500 USD.

As for the InterprEter, its unfortunate that it will require so much
work because my capabilities are currently so limited.. =\ I'll keep
studying the thing and see what I can do...

--
Karl Marx is smiling.
http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/