[ANN] [ENH] Menus Enhancements

Chris Becker chbecker at neo.rr.com
Sat Mar 22 20:52:06 UTC 2003

On Saturday, March 22, 2003 3:28 PM, I wrote:
> In addition, the brightness of the text and buttons does not change
when a
> window is deactivated (although this isn't your fault since it worked
> this way before).

After tilting my LCD screen back I noticed that the gradient on your
buttons *is* lighter on the active window (proving again that CRTs are
better for artistic endeavors). So it's only the text brightness that
does not vary.

> How difficult would it be to lighten everything more
> significantly so the active window is more readily apparent?

To put this another way, how difficult would it be to make everything on
the *inactive* window (including the text) look more "faded"
(washed-out) than the active window? I realize this is reversed from the
current Squeak scheme, but it may go even farther toward making the
active window more noticeably different.

Just a thought ...

Chris Becker