[ANN] Closure Compiler

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Tue Mar 25 10:31:24 UTC 2003

Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 03:32:42AM -0500, Anthony Hannan wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > A new version of my closure compiler is ready at
> > http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ClosureCompiler (also linked from
> > SqueakMap).  The runtime has not changed (closures, context
[SNIP]
> Wow, that's nice!
>
> We really need to start thinking about how to move this stuff into
> the main release...
[SNIP]

I agree that this sounds like really nice stuff, and I also agree that
we should be targeting the "larger" contributions piled up in our
community in some proper way - haven't thought about it much yet.

BUT... I don't want to sound like a bitch, but I still haven't heard a
clarification on the license for SmaCC. I still argue that if this stuff
should go into official Squeak (which I *really* want) we need to clear
up the license issue. The absolutely best of course would be if SmaCC
could be duallicensed under MIT + SqueakL.

Stephane? Did you contact John about it?

regards, Göran