[ANN] Closure Compiler

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Mar 25 11:22:37 UTC 2003

Hi goran

I was sending you an email to ask you if you could provide me with the
MIT and Squeak-L license.
Stef

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 11:31 AM, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
wrote:

> Marcus Denker <marcus at ira.uka.de> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 03:32:42AM -0500, Anthony Hannan wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> A new version of my closure compiler is ready at
>>> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/ClosureCompiler (also linked from
>>> SqueakMap).  The runtime has not changed (closures, context
> [SNIP]
>> Wow, that's nice!
>>
>> We really need to start thinking about how to move this stuff into
>> the main release...
> [SNIP]
>
> I agree that this sounds like really nice stuff, and I also agree that
> we should be targeting the "larger" contributions piled up in our
> community in some proper way - haven't thought about it much yet.
>
> BUT... I don't want to sound like a bitch, but I still haven't heard a
> clarification on the license for SmaCC. I still argue that if this
> stuff
> should go into official Squeak (which I *really* want) we need to clear
> up the license issue. The absolutely best of course would be if SmaCC
> could be duallicensed under MIT + SqueakL.
>
> Stephane? Did you contact John about it?
>
> regards, Göran

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html