[ANN] Closure Compiler

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Mar 25 15:02:58 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 14:49, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> - As Goran mentions, there is still uncertainty about the freeness of
> the SmaCC generation tools.

I disagree. From the SmaCC download page: "SmaCC is available for free
use. We only request that if you create a parser for some widely
available language, you make it available for others to use." and a
no-warranty disclaimer. That's good enough for me for inclusion.

If they later decide to make a commercial version of SmaCC, fine. The
Squeak community can just continue building on whatever is in the image.
Question for our emergency holographic laywer ;-): Andrew, if someone
puts up software in source form for download, without any mention about
licensing terms, etcetera, like
http://www.refactory.com/RefactoringBrowser/, is there any 'default'
that I can assume in. E.g. can I assume that the stuff has been put into
the public domain?

(RB is just an example; the majority of Smalltalk goodies - including
some of mine ;-) - are distributed this way).