[ANN] Closure Compiler

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Tue Mar 25 15:30:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 04:49:06PM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> Things are a little better than you think -
> Anthony has made the Closures independent of image format changes. The
> only "incompatibility" is the fact that a new VM is required, but even
> that isn't really a break, because it merely requires added prims, which
> presumably can be either a plugin (so they can be added to existing VMs)
> or added the the next batch of VMs without breaking compatibility with
> old images.

Yes, I know that (I'm playing with this stuff right now...).
What i meant was that even if we can't deside to add the BlockClosures
soon (which we can), we should add the refactored Compiler (changed to
generate old-style blocks) anyways...

But going for the whole thing would even be better.

    Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de