[ANN] Closure Compiler

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Tue Mar 25 16:05:17 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 16:47, goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> And also - we have vowed earlier to try to keep "Squeak official" under
> Squeak-L. Relying on the above "license" would definitely break that
> little "rule".

Was the rule not 'Squeak-L or compatible'? Public domain seems
compatible to me. A very short license (even if it is just two
sentences, I think it still constitutes a license) with no conflicting
terms would qualify as well, I think.

Note that the stuff below is about the RB, not about SmaCC - the RB
download page has no terms at all, at least SmaCC comes with something
that can be understood as a rudimentary license :-).

> > (RB is just an example; the majority of Smalltalk goodies - including
> > some of mine ;-) - are distributed this way).
>
> I know - I am probably just as big a sinner as everyone else. :-) But we
> really should try to keep track of these things.

Why? Here's another question: can someone explain me why I should put
something under, say, MIT or BSD instead of downright dumping it into
the public domain? (I'm not interested in the SqueakL for my own work -
too much nonsense in there ;-))