[Q] FileList2 spins: how do I debug this ?

Martin Drautzburg martin.drautzburg at web.de
Tue Mar 25 06:17:08 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> writes:

> You could try turning on the CPUWatcher (open a ProcessBrowser, then
> use the context menu).
>
> It *may* help.

Unfortunately it does not. The process browser does not update. The
system is literally petrified. If I destroy the squeak window (linux)
the window disappears but squeak remains running. I can see the
process and I can hear the noise of the the harddisk (sounds like a
Spanish "R").

> Otherwise, try to recall where the last step was and go back and
> examine things.

That is what I was doing. But it is like walking thru a minefield. I
also had a hard time setting breakspoints (self halt) because much of
the code I walk thru is file related and I cannot save my image with
these halts set.

Alt-. does not work either.