[ANN] Closure Compiler

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 26 03:57:56 UTC 2003

"Andrew C. Greenberg" <werdna at mucow.com> wrote:

> Truth to tell, I'm not sure it isn't time to simply clean room the
> Apple code out of Squeak.
I fear that would be a _lot_ of code; five years work from half a dozen
busy people. Most of morphic. The vm code. Lots. Ouch.

>Can we get a license to rebuild Squeak from the
> Smalltalk-80 folks at Xerox, or another licensee, or is that crazy
> naive?
I suppose that if there is anyone in Xerox that has the faintest idea
what Smalltalk is/was and how Xerox has anything to do with it then
maybe there is a hope of that. Maybe Cincom would do it?

Please, can we try to sort this out sometime soon? I'm getting really
fed up with the subject cropping up all the time.

tim
Don't comment or patch bad code; rewrite it.