[ANN] Closure Compiler

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Wed Mar 26 09:23:19 UTC 2003

Hi again!

One more thought. :-) I started reading up again what it was that
actually flunked Squeak-L for OSD compliance. It was clause 6 in regard
to the OSD non-discrimination test. (well, the font clause needs to go
to, but we can do that if we rip out the fonts as has been stated 999
times).

In Squeak-L we have this text regarding sublicensing:

"You may distribute and sublicense such Modified Software only under the
terms of a valid, binding license that makes no representations or
warranties on behalf of Apple, and is no less protective of Apple and
Apple's rights than this License."

A little silly question then:

	Squeak-L permits sublicensing as long as the new license "no less
protective of Apple" etc. Could we create a sublicense then in which we
simply dumpl clause 6? Export has nothing to do with Apple, has it?

Just curious. I mean, obviously I am missing 134 different legal subtle
points here, but if this could be done then we could pass OSD and become
OpenSource! :-)

regards, Göran

PS. Debian inclusion had another problem - they didn't care of clause 6
- their problem was clause 5 IIRC.