what Craig plans to do about the license issue (was "Closure Compiler")

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Wed Mar 26 23:34:12 UTC 2003

Hi Cees--

> The issue is of course:
> - how, when are we going to take concerted action;

	For what it's worth, my own plan is to finish the minimal snapshot I'm
working on (estimated size 100KB, very little code written by anyone ;),
with a minimal virtual machine (ditto), then release it under a "no less
protective" license.

> - when are we going to decide that the institutions are not coming
> into line and keep hurting ourselves with license discussions and
> restrictions on what to include for a possible future?

	I decided this for myself shortly after I read the Squeak license, the
day Squeak was first released. :)

	thanks,

-C

--