[ANN] Closure Compiler

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Thu Mar 27 09:39:34 UTC 2003

Cees de Groot <cg at cdegroot.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 02:06, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:
> > 	b) Squeakish with minor repairs?
>
> Both as for the content (obligation to share modifications, not
> extensions) and the realism (probably more likely to succeed if you
> stick close to the original), I'm for b).

I would say (as I did in my other longer post) the same.

> Update from Apple: they are unwilling to change the indemnification
> bits. The export clause is negotiable. As that's not enough, I've
> introduced the idea of sublicensing with them (without closing the door
> on re-licensing, of course).

Hey, interesting! (So this would then rule out Debian but actually open
up for OSI)

And could you perhaps explain sublicensing to us - I am not sure I
understand what is actually means.

Also see my other post with some other interesting subquestions. :-)

regards, Göran