OmniBase updated

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 27 09:53:33 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 07:21, Martin Drautzburg wrote:
> > I fixed a couple of minor issues in OmniBase. If you're testing it,
> > please fetch the latest code from the swiki
> > (http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/omnibase).
>
> What is the license here. You write that OmniBase is free only without
> the garbage collector. Is the same true for your port ?

Yup. I'm a 'commercial licensee' of OmniBase (in VW), but of course
stripped OmniBase back before doing the Squeak port (the GC classes
themselves are completely portable, so if someone wants to plunk down
400 dollars for a Squeak license, I'll be happy to assist David in
providing them ;)).

Of course, at this moment, OmniBase doesn't officially exist for Squeak.
Some critical features (locking, locking, and locking) are missing, I
need to evaluate alternatives to FileStream, etcetera. By the time I
bless of OmniBase, David might be willing to start selling commercial
licenses to it (or not), and he might be inclined to put the price even
lower that what it alread is (around 1% of GemStone's license price
;-)).

Regards,

Cees