Debugger woes

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Thu Mar 27 10:29:42 UTC 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:06:51AM +0100, Cees de Groot wrote:
> - PDP has breakpoints ('probes'). I want breakpoints in Squeak :-).
> AFAICT, but I never really studied the implementation, some sort of
> method wrapping is employed to achieve this. The UI is really simple -
> point at some code, bring up the context menu, and select 'insert
> breakpoint' or 'insert conditional probe'. No more clobbering your
> changelog with 'self halt', really nice (plus additional benefits:
> enabling/disabling probes, cleaning your system of all probes,
> etcetera).

There's a breakpoint-package at SqueakMap:

Breakpoint Support
Author: Ernest Micklei
Maintainer: Torsten Bergmann
Version comment:
Works with the normal browsers, does not work with Refactoring Browser

http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/07469ced-289a-4b6f-bd17-27ec567e681a

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de  -- Squeak! http://squeak.de