midi composing in squeak

Ed Heil edheil at fastmail.fm
Thu Mar 27 16:46:27 UTC 2003

Following the instruction "New users are encouraged to ask for help on
this list" from the squeak.org documentation page....here's a simple
help request.... I didn't find this on the wiki.

I'd like to try actually *composing* a midi tune in Squeak.  Is this
possible?  I understand how to modify a midi file you've opened (sort
of), but I don't know how to start from scratch to make my own midi
file.  Is this possible?  The thing that seems to be stopping me is
adding an instrument track to an empty ScorePlayer morph...  Presumably
once that was there I'd be golden.  So I'm thinking I'm missing
something simple.

Thanks,

Ed

Ed Heil                                      edheil at fastmail.fm
 "Observe the monkeys from the distance.
  Do not stare them in the eyes.
  Do not put your hands out or try to touch them.
  Do not show or give food to monkeys."
 http://gojapan.about.com/library/special/blmonkey.htm