[BUG] Unicode in multilingualized Squeak

Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Thu Mar 27 18:23:41 UTC 2003

  Daniel,

> What is stopping you from running the scripts on a 3.4 system and
> working on that?

  Oh, well.  It must be my other jobs like installing PostgreSQL
database, learning SQL (duh), and such.  Fortunately, I'm allowed to
use Squeak for frontend.  I haven't tried to use Jim Menard's
PostgreSQL interface, but I guess I need to modify it a bit so that it
can handle the Japanese characters.  (Which is good.  If I can do it
quick enough, I would have time to work on the m17n stuff.)

> Can you elaborate a little on what the significance of that 3.2 image
> is? It might be easier to move that content forward than to find and fix
> the problem in the 3.2 code.

  There is nothing special in 3.2.  It was just the official release
by the time I started the m17n work.

> If that is impractical, could you elaborate on what exactly doesn't
> work? if it causes a walk back, a bug report from the debugger might
> help someone spot the problem.

  I haven't tried this.  The problem is that if I see a debugger
popped up, I can't help to look into it:-)

  And also I would rather prefer to check the conflict.  The change
sorter has a function to do this, so it would not be hard.  It just
can be tedious...

-- Yoshiki