Sublicensing seems possible

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 27 19:29:20 UTC 2003

[We should be moving this thread to SqF, as this whole issue is killing
the squeak-dev list...].

The Apple guy responded positively to the idea of sublicensing. I've
asked him for permission to share our email exchange with others, which
I assume I'll get later today. He indicated that for Apple to look
positively at the sublicensing thing we'd need to come up with something
that only deviates minimally from SqueakL, just enough to fix it up for
DFSG/OSI/... wherever we want to head.

So, can we decide as a community that this is OK, a cleaned-up SqueakL?
If yes, it is probably time for some legal guys to take over :-)

Regards,

Cees