[GOODIE] BinaryRelation

Brian T Rice water at tunes.org
Fri Mar 28 10:06:27 UTC 2003

On Fri, 28 Mar 2003, Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Brian T Rice wrote:
> > I posted my current work to
> > http://tunes.org/~water/Collections-Relations.st
>
> Looking over this, I realized that a major difference between our two
> implementations is that yours seems to be based entirely around binary
> relations (which makes sense for SOUL-like stuff), whereas mine is based
> on n-ary relations (which is necessary for relational databases).  Given
> that, I wonder how much overlap there really is...

How odd: Richard only implemented binary relations, and you're not
bemoaning that.

At any rate, it's not very difficult to "curry" and "uncurry" binary and
n-ary relations if you understand the concepts. I suppose if all you know
is SQL and database "theory" then this is not something easily realized.
Oh well, it's going into Slate anyway. :-)

--
Brian T. Rice
LOGOS Research and Development
mailto:water at tunes.org