Fwd: VisualWorks on Windows CE .NET

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Mar 29 07:35:03 UTC 2003

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Georg Heeg" <georg at heeg.de>
> Date: Fri Mar 28, 2003  11:41:52 PM Europe/Zurich
> To: <vw-dev at parcplace.net>, <vwnc at cs.uiuc.edu>, <gsug at gsug.org>
> Subject: VisualWorks on Windows CE .NET
>
> Dear Smalltalk Friends,
>
> at CeBIT this month we showed a mobile version of VisualWorks on a
> handheld.
>
> For you information I include the technical description below.
>
> Georg Heeg
>
> ----------------------------
>
> VisualWorks on Windows CE is an implementation of the entire
> VisualWorks
> System on Windows CE .NET. It provides instant mobility for any
> VisualWorks
> 7 application.
>
> Virtual Machine:
> .	VisualWorks 7.0 VM
>
> Available Device:
> .	Siemens Simpad SLC
>
> Provided Image Modifications:
> .	Full support of Unicode at Image/VM interface
> .	Modified platform recognition
> .	Modified DLL&C connect for Unicode support
>
> Supported Platform:
> .	Windows CE .Net alias Windows CE 4.x
> .	X86 Processor (certified on emulator)
> .	StrongARM Processor (certified on Siemens Simpad SLC)
>
> Planned Processors:
> .	National Semiconductor Geode Processor
> .	Intel PXA26x Processor Family
>
> Planned Devices:
> .	Tatung Webpad
> .	Hoeft & Wessel Skeye Webpanel
>
> Planned Platforms (longer term upon availability from Microsoft):
> .	SmartPhone 2003 based on Windows CE 4.x
> .	Pocked PC 2003 based on Windows CE 4.x
> .	Windows CE 3.x currently not planned
> .	Pocket PC 2002 currently not planned
>
> Availability:
> .	Please contact me at georg at heeg.de

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: http://www.squeak.org,
http://www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html