[Q] a couple of questions related to look enhancements

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Mar 30 12:10:11 UTC 2003

Hi Diego!

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com wrote:
> Hi guys...
>
> I plan to continue with the “look enhancements” work. See the current state
> at:
>
>    http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3142

Your work is really great! Thanks a lot for this!

> I have a couple of questions:
>
> - Which is the feeling of the community about the new set of changes?

Personally I think the default Theme should use a smaller font for the menu.

> - Do you consider these changes an [ENH] to the base image or an external
> package?

For the future it would be nice if this is a part inside of the big
image, but mainly it should be available as package to load it in a
shrinked small image. The question is when we will have those smaller
images and what will be part of them.

> - Do you prefer one package with all the changes (right now: menus,
> scrollbars and system window's icons) or several different packages?

I would prefer one big cs.

> There are a set of design-decisions to take base on the answers to these
> questions.
>
> TIA,
>
> Diego Gomez Deck

Regards
            Chris Burkert
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chris at chrisburkert.de