[Q] a couple of questions related to look enhancements

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Mar 30 21:10:09 UTC 2003

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 diegogomezdeck at consultar.com wrote:

> - Which is the feeling of the community about the new set of changes?

My two cents: some of them I very much like, some of them are not to my
taste.  The icons in the menus are very nice, and I like the general
gradient theme.  The new scrollbar icons I find too big and blocky - I
preferred the existing ones, though I like the changes you made to the
scrollbar "thumb".  More or less the same goes for the window icons - the
general direction is good, but they take up too much space for the amount
of detail the icons provide, and to my eye they stand out too much from
the title bar.  I might prefer it with the gradient the same color as the
window border instead of always grey.

> - Do you consider these changes an [ENH] to the base image or an external
> package?

If we get community consensus that almost everyone likes them, I would say
they should be an ENH.

> - Do you prefer one package with all the changes (right now: menus,
> scrollbars and system window's icons) or several different packages?

As long as there are individual preferences, they can/should be a single
package.  The one thing I don't know how to turn off with your current
changesets are the scrollbar icons, so I like for now that I can load the
other changes but not that one.  Is there some way to do that that I'm
missing?

Avi