Getting CocoaSqueak to open up an image ...

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Mon Mar 31 01:27:06 UTC 2003

Hmm. I think I figured this out but I still have a few questions ...

First, I realized that squeak.image needed to be in
CocoaSqueak.app/Contents/Resources, and that squeak.changes needs to be in the same
directory, and that SqueakV3.sources needs to be in
CocoaSqueak.app/Contents/Frameworks/Squeak.framework/Versions/A/Resources ...

I guess sharing an image, changes, and sources with another VM isn't really
practical?  I mean, if one wishes to be able to launch Squeak from the Dock?  This
might be an Apple problem ... I wrote a shell script to open the image with
CocoaSqueak, but it won't let me put that in the Dock (I'm guessing only .apps can
go in the Dock?).

Thanks!

Jen