Harvesting was: [Q] a couple of questions related to look enhancements

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Mar 31 09:01:18 UTC 2003

Hi all!

I agree with Daniel on most parts here - though I also agree with some
of he dangers Martin puts his finger on.
It is true that there are many ENHs ending up on SM right now. But as
Daniel said, it is a good place for features to mature on and it is
quite much easier to put something on SM (nobody needs to review or
anything) for all to see and use.

Eventually if ENHs on SM gets a lot of endorsement they will probably
get merged into whichever package they belong to. Right - note that I
did NOT say "into the image" because almost EVERYTHING will eventually
be turned into packages.

Now to the final point of my posting :-):
Load scripts can be made today but because SM doesn't have package
releases yet you will need to think about that.
This means that you can't refer to an old version of a package - you can
only refer to the "current" version of a package.

And as we all know package releases are coming in SM1.1...

regards, Göran