[Q]Player Protocol tiles(& user extensions)

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Mar 31 18:13:58 UTC 2003

On Monday 31 March 2003 09:59 am, Cheryl Denise Seals wrote:
> I've found about 3 ways to bring up tiles
>
> Inspect Morph -> Player Protocol tile
>
> On on Morph bring up it's Halo -> Select Debug -> Player Protocol
> (tiles)
>
> -Cheryl

Ah. Do you have the preference "universalTiles" selected in your
project? (note that if you do any scripting in a project using
universal tiles, you can't get back to classic tiles in that
project).

As I understand it, Universal Tiles are/were an experimental
alternative to the Classic Tiles and the straight Smalltalk source
code. But I don't know that they've been kept up to date (for
instance, I can't add a parameter to a script in the uniTiles mode).

My conclusion has been that if you want to do scripting you're better
off using the Classic tiles and switching to text mode when
necessary. Now that scripts can take a parameter, user-written
scripts can be (almost?) first-class citizens.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com