Concatenating binary files?

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Mar 31 22:23:17 UTC 2003

On Monday 31 March 2003 02:10 pm, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
> Hello Ned,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'll study your comments and learn. :)
> Nice to know I'm doing to much work.
>
> I tried your code and it got an MNU: binary.
>
> I banged my head into that earlier too. I don't understand why it
> didn't understand the #binary message?

Because it was the wrong type of object to be sending a #binary to
(#binary wasn't defined for that object's class).

>  My skills with the debugger are non-existent.

Tim's suggestions are very good, especially if you don't want to read
the entire file into memory.

But you really should learn to use the debugger; it'll save you lots
of time. You can even fix a method and continue your program in many
cases.

If you just pop up the debugger, it'll show you the call stack. You
can click on the various stack frames (the topmost list) and see
where you are in each method.

You can also examine variables.

So in this case it would be good to find out what didn't understand
#binary.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com