[Q}[CONNECTORS] Connecting submorphs

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Thu May 1 14:42:04 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 30 April 2003 05:48 pm, Martin Drautzburg wrote:
> I used to have a PasteUpMorph with a couple of embedded submorphs.
> The submorphs were connected via connectors. No problem so far.
>
> Then I wanted to connect some of the PasteUpMorphs (the containers)
> and realized, that they don't accept connectors. So I thought: lets
> turn them into plain rectangeles. Now I *could* connect the
> Containers but could no longer connect the Morphs inside the
> Container.
>
> Am I attempting a logically impossible thing ?

No. It's just that normally, PUMs act as containers, and we don't want
to connect to them (see for instance my CompositeStateMorph, which
uses a PUM inside).

> Or is there an easy solution ?

Yes. If you have a PUM that should accept connections, just make a
subclass that answers true to #isConnectable.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com