[Q] ProcessorSchedule>>activeProcess doesn't always return activeProcess??

Phil_Hargett at groove.net Phil_Hargett at groove.net
Thu May 1 15:22:26 UTC 2003

I have been testing some code with SUnit and an upgraded TestRunner (e.g.,
the TestRunner Enhancements SM package), and I have noticed that when I
explicitly put in my code a call to the debugger to interrupt execution
and start debugging:

Processor activeProcess debugWithTitle: 'Debug foo'.

I typically receive a debugger but on a different process than the one
that ran the above code!  Quite often, it is the Morphic UI thread itself.
 I last noticed that perhaps since TestRunner executes tests on a
background process (yeah!) I should be checking invoking #debugWithTitle:
on Processor backgroundProcess instead, but that seems unclean: if I just
want a reference to the process in which my code is executing, why do I
know I have to know anything about what process I am?

I'm sure I'm missing something.  Any assistance appreciated.  Thanks!

Phil