[ANN] [ENH] FillInTheBlankMorph Look

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri May 2 00:47:25 UTC 2003

You raise exactly the sorts of issues we're talking about. As another
example, some process will be driven by different "clients" - sometimes
with a user attached, sometimes guided by a script. So an oracle
answering, for example, installation questions without a GUI is also
useful.

To sharpen the different issues we have -

While Views separate display from the model (allowing configurable, and
multiple views on the model (a one way effect)), and Controllers allow
different reactions to user requests (one way, user initiated requests),
this discussion is about requests for information initiated by the
running process, which is not supposed to know who it is asking (user,
install script or whatever).

Since most interactions between UI and application model indeed start at
the UI, which is naturally configured for the model, and not the other
way, this has not been so urgent to address until now.

Daniel