[IDEAS] Universal tunnel (was Re: Squeak and http proxy)

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Fri May 2 16:22:37 UTC 2003

Thank to Chris Burkert and Germán S. Arduino for pointing out the
squeak page 23 on the swiki.
I think should be a nice idea to get a universal "http tunnel" for the
squeak services.

For instance, whould be nice to connect to Magma/Minnestore or other
Squeak apps  using the http protocol.

In this way a client behind a firewall could use squeak db/hand morph
services and so on...
Whould be difficult to build a universal http tunnel directly in squeak?
What do you think about it?

There is something by GNU:
	http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html
but this require another pice of software and would be not so stable (I
have used it...).
The best solution is to implement a special "HttpTunnelSocket"?
Perheaps using XMLRPC as wrapper?
Ideas?

--
    [   [  [ JJ ]  ]   ]  | Temi cio' che conosci, non
http://www.siforge.org   |